Sunday 6 November 2022

He is God, not of the dead, but of the living

Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year C - 6th November 2022


Gospel Luke 20: 27–38 (shorter form)

Some Sadducees – those who say that there is no resurrection – approached Jesus and put this question to him.

Jesus replied, ‘The children of this world take wives and husbands, but those who are judged worthy of a place in the other world and in the resurrection from the dead do not marry because they can no longer die, for they are the same as angels, and being children of the resurrection they are sons and daughters of God. And Moses himself implies that the dead rise again, in the passage about the bush where he calls the Lord the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Now he is God, not of the dead, but of the living; for to him all people are in fact alive.’




Gospel Reflection from St Beuno's Outreach


I consciously slow down, in preparation for my prayer time with the risen Christ. I become more aware of my life-giving breath, inviting Christ to breathe upon me ... to fill me with the Holy Spirit.

When ready, I read this profound passage slowly. It may help me connect to the meaning if I read Jesus’s words aloud.

I may ask again for the grace and inspiration of the Spirit, as I ponder Jesus’s teaching on the resurrection.

What does resurrec on mean for me ... whether Christ’s resurrection ... or my own resurrection? How does it feel to be a child of the resurrection?

What speaks now to my heart?

As I continue to meditate on the Gospel, I may be drawn to Jesus’ s wisdom and insight about God our Father: the God of the living ... the giver of life. I allow these words to sink into my whole being.

With the gentle and compassionate support of Jesus, I reflect on my own life. What is life-giving for me at the moment?

What drains me of life and hope, and of the sense of being a child of the Living God?

I share with the Lord whatever is in my heart, as with a dear and trusted friend.

I ask for the grace to yield to the Lord, to surrender my whole being to his presence and ac on in my life.

I close my prayer with a slow sign of the cross.



Click here to read or listen to a One-Minute Homily on today's Gospel from the Jesuit Post

No comments:

This is what he taught them

 Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A - 29th January 2023 Gospel Matthew 5: 1–12 Seeing the crowds, Jesus went up the hill. There he sat d...