Saturday 29 May 2021

I am with you always

 The Most Holy Trinity Year B - 30th May 2021


Gospel Matthew 28: 14–17


The eleven disciples set out for Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had arranged to meet them. When they saw him they fell down before him though some hesitated. Jesus came up and spoke to them. He said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, make disciples of all the nations; baptise them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And know that I am with you always; yes, to the end of time.’




Gospel Reflection from St Beuno's Outreach


As I come to pray, I begin by relaxing my body and mind, breathing in God’s goodness and mercy. I place myself and my life in his hands and ask his Spirit to be with me.

Perhaps I ask God to help me enter into this great mystery of the relationship of the divine persons.

When I am ready I read the Gospel a couple of times.

I imagine the disciples setting out for Galilee.

What do they discuss on the way? What do they expect? Maybe I join them ... how do I feel?

As I wait, am I excited or fearful?

Jesus comes up ... how do I respond?

Perhaps in belief and adoration, or with doubt, confusion and uncertainty?

I take the time and speak to the Lord of how I feel.

Jesus does not dwell on the past, but immediately commissions his disciples, and me, to go out and baptise all nations.

In what ways can I do this? I listen to him.

I hear his promise to be with the Church always, until the end of  me. As I ponder, does this help me to be a more confident disciple?

It may help me to remember Jesus is with me now and always, whatever the situation or appearances, and no matter how I feel.

I rest quietly trusting in God my Father, and in the promise of the Son, allowing the Spirit to pray within me.


Click here to read or listen to a one-minute homily on this Sunday's readings!

No comments:

This is what he taught them

 Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year A - 29th January 2023 Gospel Matthew 5: 1–12 Seeing the crowds, Jesus went up the hill. There he sat d...